Sustainable Natural Stone
Learn about the ANSI approved Standard for the Sustainable Production of Natural Dimension Stone (developed by the Natural Stone Council, this standard is also known as NSC 373). This session will provide general knowledge on the objectives and principles of the NSC 373 Standard. Gain an understanding of the sustainable production practices and benefits of natural stone, and how to differentiate these practices among different companies and products when choosing natural stone products for projects.
1. Learn about the objectives and development process of the Sustainability Assessment Standard for Dimension Stone to understand the basic principles of the standard.
2. Understand more about why natural stone is a leading sustainable building material.
3. Examine the benefits of the standard and sustainable business practices to natural stone specifiers and users.
1. Daniel Wood, Lurvey Landscape Supply
2. Jim Hieb, MIA+BSI: The Natural Stone Institute