Understanding ASTM Standards & Stone Testing for Projects in the U.S.
Most architectural specifications require that stone meet certain specified ASTM or other testing standards before it will be accepted for use. If you are doing business in the U.S., then you will want to attend this session. Be aware of the requirements of performance that will be placed on the stone at the time of installation, and in the future. Learn about how these standards also serve as benchmarks for quality limits of products.
1. Be aware of the requirements of performance that will be placed on the stone at the time of installation, and in the future
2. Learn about options for having a stone tested if no testing data is available
3. Gain insight into which tests should be performed
4. Learn how materials standards help to prevent the use of stone products for unsuitable applications
1. Charles Muehlbauer, Technical Director, MIA+BSI: The Natural Stone Institute
2. YJ Zhang, Indiana Limestone Company